Prof. Dr. Nabeela Riaz
BDS, FCPS (OMFS),FCPS (Prosthodontics),MCPS (Periodontology) Orthodontics
Professor / Chairperson
Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Mayo Hospital, Lahore is the most established ward of this specialty in the Punjab, since 1999. This department is rendering services to the patients, and excellent teaching & training of the post graduate of this field. It provides elective surgical care to patients of Oral Oncology, congenital anomalies and facial trauma 24/7/365 emergency services.
1-Provision of best possible health care to patients of maxillofacial region.
2-Teaching and training of post graduates of Oral & Maxillofacial surgery.
3-Research for the better treatment options of maxillofacial pathologies.
4-Awareness among public for the preventive measures of Oral Cancers.
• Ophthalmic Injuries In Orbito-Zygomatic Fractures 2014(24) JCPSP
• Role of Prophylactic antiemetic’s in OMFS 2014(20:3) Annals of KEMU
• Frequency of infection after ext. of involved 3rd molar in mandibular angle fractures treated with rigid fixation 2013(19:1)Annals of KEMU
• Perception of OMFS among healthcare professionals 2015(21:2)Annals of KEMU
• Perception of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery among health care professionals in Lahore 2015 Annals KEMU 21:2.
Tumor and tumor like lesions of orofacial region 2011(17:2)Annals of KEMU
• Fibromatosis of infratemporal space 2016(66:2)JPMA
• A single institutional experience of management of TMJ Ankylosis 2018(12)Pakistan Journal of Medicals Health Sciences
• Level of depression in TM disorder patients 2018(27:3)JPDA
• Oral Malignant metanoma 2014(34:2)PODJ
• Management of TMJ dislocation at Mayo Hospital 2018 PODJ
• Presthelic rehabilitation of nasal defect 2014(34:3)PODJ
• Comparison of post operation complication in mandible # treated by single Vs Two miniplates 2015(35:1)PODJ
• Management of temporomandibular joint dislocation at mayo hospital Lahore 2018(38:2)PODJ
• A retrospective study of causes, management and complications of paediatric facial fractures 2018(12:2)Eur. J. Dent
• Comparison of inclusion in closed and open reduction and internal fixation in mandibular S/C fracture 2018(24:2) Annals of KEMU
• Comparison of Outcomes of Membranous With Endochondral Bone Graft in Orbital Floor Reconstruction A.P.M.C Vol: 6 No. 2 July-December 2012.
• Clinical presentation of various cases of trigeminal neuralgia. J Pak Dent Assoc 2012, 20 (02), 85 â 89.
• An assessment of maxillofacial gunshot injuries and emergency management. J Pak Dent Assoc. 2012; 21(01):12-15.
• Comparison of the pain relief after cryosurgery and peripheral neurectomy in management of trigeminal neuralgia. J Pak Dent Assoc. 2012;21(4):242-247.
• Cervical lymph node metastases in squamous cell carcinoma of tongue and floor of mouth. J Coll Surg 2011 Jan; 21(1):55-6.
• Tumours and tumour like conditions of Oral & Maxillofacial region at Mayo Hospital. Ann King Edward Med Coll 2011.
• Comparative Study of Evaluation of Results of Orbital Floor Reconstruction with Calvarial Bone Graft Vs Sialastic Implant Annals of King Edward Med 2010; 16(4).
• Reconstruction of Mandibular defects with autogenous bone grafts :A review of 30 cases J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 2011;23(3).
• Massive leiomyosarcoma of the Maxilla J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 2011;23(2).
• Quality of life in Patients with obturator prosthesis J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 2010;22(2)
• Risk factors for Temporomandibular joint ankylosis in different age groups JKCD Dec 2011, Vol. 2, No. 1.
• Treatment of recurrent dislocation through eminectomy-A study Pakistan Oral & Dental Journal 2011; 28(1 25).
• Reconstruction of the mandible by fibular graft J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 2010 Nov; 20(11):723-7.
• Lymphatic Mapping to Tailor Selective Lymphadenectomy in Squamous Cell Carcinoma of Oral Cavity Annals 2010; 16(4) 246-251.
• The Versatility of Temporalis Muscle Flap in Reconstruction of Maxillofacial Region Defects Annals 2009 ;15(1)
• Abstract: Sarcomas in Oral and Maxillofacial at King Edward Medical University, Lahore, Oncology supplement 2009.
• Intractable Trigeminal Neuralgia, Neurectomy vs. Cryosurgery.The Professional ,J of Punjab Medical College
• Analysis of first 100 cases of Head & Neck tumours in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery deptt: KEMC/Mayo Hospital Lahore. Ann King Edward Med Coll Jul â Sep 2002;8(3):181-3.
• Soft tissue reconstruction option in Head & Neck region area.
• Temporomandibular joint ankylosis, A preventable entity Ann King Edward Med Coll Jul â Sep 2001;7(3):168-9.
• Necrotizing fascitis in the Head & Neck region. Annal King Edward Med Coll Jul â Sep 2004;10(3):215-6.
• The role of temporal fascia interposition in the surgical management of TMJ ankylosis. Annal King Edward Med Coll Jul â Sep 2004;10(3):265-7.
• Removal of large infratemporal fossa schwanoma; case report and review of literature Pak Dent Assoc Apr â Jun 2008;17(2):108-11.
• Frequency of infection after extraction of involved third molar in mandibular angle fractures treated with rigid fixation. Annal King Edward Med Coll .
• Ophthalmic injuries in orbito-zygomatic fractures. J Coll Physicians Surg 2014,Vol.24(9):649-652.
• Role of prophylactic antiemetics in oral and maxillofacial surgery; Annal King Edward Med Coll Jul â Sep 2014;20(3).